BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
data_null__
Jade | Level 19

I need to create a bookmarked PDF with two bookmark nodes so I can navigate the document mentbased on different criteria.

Consider this blankcrf.pdf

2-12-2015 7-53-38 AM.png

6 REPLIES 6
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

My only suggestion would be proc document.  Have fiddled around with it in the past: https://communities.sas.com/thread/42000

But is a bit basic, have gone back to manually creating the PDFs by hand.

Ksharp
Super User

I don't know what kind of PROC you are using for PDF.

ods pdf file='c:\temp\x.pdf' ;

ods proclabel='ADMaS';

proc report data=sashelp.class nowd contents=' ';run;

ods proclabel='STDM';

proc report data=sashelp.class nowd contents=' ';run;

ods pdf close;

Xia Keshan

data_null__
Jade | Level 19

That does produce two root notes but they point to different places.  I want them to point to the same place.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

HI:

You might be able to do that with PROC DOCUMENT and using LINKs, but the only way that I know that bookmarks work is to make a new link that points to a new output object. I am not clear on how to point 2 different nodes to the same output object. That would be a question for Tech Support.

cynthia

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Have been thinking about this for a day or two and I am wondering what you are trying to achieve with the PDF bookmarks thing.  It looks a bit like a CDISC define file with the bookmark for SDTM.  If that's the case I am not sure why you don't just create an XML based define.  TBH I am not a fan of adobe products at all (actually second only to apple), e.g. proprietary, closed source, expensive, full of security flaws.  So maybe check out the guidance at: http://www.cdisc.org/define-xml

There are of course other methods of getting the information into a PDF, Javascripting in Acrobat, maybe creating a Word file first (or RTF?) with all the links, TOC etc. then porting it over.  But at the end of the day is PDF the right format?  I know the recent release has changed to a portfolio style format so you can include other files, has caused nothing but trouble.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation