09-28-2017 09:32 AM
Again i am hit with one strange error.
I am creating a report using sas stored procedure to get the ouput in excel spreadsheet from running this stored procedure from web application. while i have used same code which i have used in previous reports and those are giving result absolutely fine.
I am using below code:
rc = stpsrv_header('Content-disposition','attachment; filename=test.xls');
rc = stpsrv_header('Content-disposition',"inline");
OPTIONS NOBYLINE MISSING=' ';
/*ods tagsets.ExcelXP options(*/
%let _ODSDEST=TAGSETS.EXCELXP options(
EMBED_TITLES_ONCE = 'YES'
Then MACRO Code to run report.
I am getting below error rather than getting output in excel file.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
Generated by the SAS Excelxp Tagset .v1.131, 04/23/2015-->
09-28-2017 09:55 AM
What you get is Excel-compatible XML. Saving that as a .xml file and opening with Excel should work.
Do not name output created with tagsets.excelxp with a .xls extension, as you are not creating an Excel file, but XML text. It's just that the XML contains Excel-compatible data.
You also can't have both content-dispositions (see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Content-Disposition). The second overrides the first and directs your browser to display the XML text inline, which it dutifully does. If you only have "attachment" (and use the CORRECT extension .xml!!), the browser will then prompt you for storing or opening the file.
Alternatively, consider using another means of transfer to Excel, like proc export with the xlsx engine.