BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ashlicole
Obsidian | Level 7

I'm reporting some tables using ODS tagsets.excelxp and would like to add a free text note between some tables to the output file. For example, if I were using ODS PDF or ODS HTML, I would accomplish this using the code: ODS HTML TEXT="type my note here", but it seems that no similar statement exists using XML(?) I would prefer to use a statement like this in favor of a simple footnote because: 1) I already have footnotes in the document and would like to keep this separate, and 2) the footnotes appear at the bottom of the sheet, whereas I would like to add a note below one specific table. Any tips on adding a free text note like this would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chevell_sas
SAS Employee

The ExcelXP tagset does not currently support  TEXT=  as the other destinations such as HTML, PDF and RTF. You can try using the DATA step. What version of SAS are you using?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chevell_sas
SAS Employee

The ExcelXP tagset does not currently support  TEXT=  as the other destinations such as HTML, PDF and RTF. You can try using the DATA step. What version of SAS are you using?

ashlicole
Obsidian | Level 7

9.3. Thanks for the idea-- I will try using a data step with a PUT

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

If you use PROC REPORT, you can use a COMPUTE block to put ancillary text into a table (at the bottom or top of the table, as shown if you run the code below.

Cynthia

ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\addtext_xp.xml' style=sasweb

options(doc='Help');

title 'This is the Title';

footnote 'This is the Footnote';

proc report data=sashelp.class(obs=5) nowd;

column name age sex height weight;

compute after / style={just=l fontweight=bold fontsize=10pt color=green };

line "This note is part of the table.";

endcomp;

run;

ods _all_ close;

surajdvpatil
Calcite | Level 5

Please help me to find the solution for plain text. i don't have any dataset to print there. i only want to print the text. thanks

Chevell_sas
SAS Employee

The new pre-production Excel destination which is available beginning in SAS 9.4M1 does support the ODS TEXT= statement, however, I realize that this will not help in this instance.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation