BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ODENWALD
Obsidian | Level 7

In  ods  pdf  is there a way to fix settings such that one would get  all Text in portrait and all Figures in landscape mode in the final pdf ?

Odenwald

2 REPLIES 2
HB
Barite | Level 11 HB
Barite | Level 11

Not sure what you are asking as i am unsure which text you are referring to.

You should be able to do 

options orientation=landscape;

proc something;

run;

options orientation=portrait;

proc something;

run;

options orientation=landscape;

proc something;

run;

options orientation=portrait;

proc something;

run;

as often as you like. 

ODENWALD
Obsidian | Level 7

HB :

I knew that.

To make it more precise  ::

a.  I wanted to avoid these many  portrait / landscape switches.

b.  I would want to be able to globally change the settings in order to avoid going over the whole program and readjust when changing from   say  ods  pdf  to  ods  rtf  (where in the latter there are different defaults w.r.t.  automatic graph size).

c.  There are lots of  SAS procedures which produce  text output (many pages)  and  figures/graphs,

e.g.  proc univariate  or  proc  capability  and many more.

I do not want to have the complete output of one orientation but have a split.

d.  Esp.  in  ods  pdf   the standard impression of  figures  is  'longish'  --  I know that for a final version  e.g.   A4-fitting  sizes can be set.

Let's use a non-SAS term  <graphics object>  here meaning a figure with heavy content which would be best studied in  landscape ::

hence I'm asking for a logic that would operate as  <now here comes a graphics object, so switch to landscape and after it switch back to portrait>  and so on. 

At the top of the programs I would want to  activate/cancel that feature.

It may be that it is simply not possible.

I hope that I have cleared my point.

Odenwald

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation