BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All:

I created a report using PROC REPORT that uses EXCELXP to write out a multi-tab spreadsheet.

As I was developong this report I used a standard ODS template (the MINIMAL template) with some modification to the column headings and system titles.

Everything was fine until I added a RBREAK to the PROC REPORT.  The summary line that is printed has a different font size, weight, and justification than the font used for all the other cells.  I did not make any changes to the SUMMARY either.

1) Is there a way using the PROC TEMPLATE to insure the summary lines are printed the same as the rest of the report,

2) How do I identify which part of the TEMPLATE is causing this to happen (will ODS TRACE do it?).

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
KarlK
Fluorite | Level 6

Here's a quick answer which I hope points you in the right direction. I'm sorry I can't test it right now. The style element for RBREAK lines is DataEmphasis. So in your Template modification, you should be able to add a "class DataEmphasis / ..." and style that. I suspect you can also style the RBREAK section directly in the Proc Report, but, again I apologize, I'm not at a SAS machine at the moment to be more helpful. If this doesn't help, post back here and I'll take another crack at it later.

Karl

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

To add to Karl's response, ODS TRACE only traces output objects, so it's not going to help you with style elements. However, when I use BREAK and RBREAK with style minimal, I do not observe the style change you mention. See attached code and screen shot.

cynthia

br_rbr_no_diff.jpg
KarlK
Fluorite | Level 6

Hmmm, I see what you're saying, Cynthia. I got the same results you did. Perhaps the OP is doing some styling s/he didn't mention that is having some inheritance side effects.

Anyway, OS2rules, now that I'm back at my own box, I took Cynthia's code and just stuck a style over-ride on the rbreak statement, rather than going to the trouble of running Proc Template. If you wanted to go with this solution, you'd need to change my "{color=red}" to set the style attributes that are wrong in your case. This is just a quick & dirty example:

(. . . Cynthia's code up to the rbreak line . . .)

rbreak after / summarize style={color=red};

run;

If you wanted to post more of your code, we might be able to diagnose why your rbreak line is screwy. I'm kinda curious about that.

Karl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation