BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wcp_fnfg
Obsidian | Level 7

So my tabulate has a lot of rows, which makes printing difficult.  If I set page width to 1 and height to 1, then it's too compressed, if I set height to something else, I lose the table headings.  So I'm trying to come up with a solution that will either repeat the tabulate headings or, ideally, start a new tab beginning at observation X.  Perhaps print up to 50 rows to a page and start a new tab after that.

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

If I really wanted to control proc tabulate output I would add a variable to the data set I could use for a Page setting.

One approach would be to have a level for some number of the first class variable in a table. The fun part is coming up with a nice variable name or label to appear at the top of each section, though Section may work.

If your tow class variables have large differences in the numbers of levels you could also pre-summarize the data to determine likely page break places and then add the Page level variable.

Tagsets.Rtf has some additional controls for the documents created that may help but I seldom get the tables to break exactly where I want.

Your specific ODS destination, which you don't mention, may have some additional choices.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation