The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

ODS TAGSETS.MVSHTML

N/A

ODS TAGSETS.MVSHTML

Hi,

I am trying to migrate my applications from SAS8 to SAS9.1. For this, I replaced the ODS HTML in SAS 8 with ODS TAGSETS.MVSHTML in SAS9.

The SAS 8 code will generate 100 separate HTML reports while the SAS 9 is generating only 1 HTML report with the contents of the 100 reports get apended one below the other. I want separate HTML reports to be created in SAS 9 too.

Can anyone suggest me where i am missing out, also wat changes i need to do in SAS 9 in order to get the desired output.

Thanks in Advance!
Meena
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: ODS TAGSETS.MVSHTML

Posted in reply to deleted_user
Do consider sharing your code - at least the ODS and "HTML report" generation portion. As a consideration, review your use of NEWFILE= parameter with your ODS statement.

By the way, the following Google advanced search against the SAS.COM domain/site, generated some interesting hits:

ods html separate files mvshtml site:sas.com

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
One note about moving from SAS 8 to SAS 9 and ODS -- by default SAS 8 created HTML 3.2 compliant tags when you used ODS HTML; SAS 9 creates HTML 4.0 compliant tags when you use ODS HTML. However, ODS TAGSETS.MVSHTML creates HTML 3.2 compliant tags.

And, according to the log note when you run the tagset:
[pre]
NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Body file: somefile.html
This tagset is create proper MVS pdse urls with ods. Use it like this:
ODS tagsets.mvshtml path="acct.PDSE.HTML"
gpath="acct.PDSE.GIF" frame="FILEF"
body="FILEB"
contents="FILEC" base="http://your.server/MVSDS/" RS=None;

[/pre]

cynthia
N/A

Posted in reply to Cynthia_sas
Thanks Sbb and Cynthia ...

I really felt useful...

Here is the HTML code that i use in my SAS 9:

ODS TAGSETS.MVSHTML BODY="&RPT.B" (URL="&RPT.B.HTM") STYLE=DEFAULTLOGO
CONTENTS="&RPT.C" (URL="&RPT.C.HTM") STYLE=STYLES.TEST
FRAME="&RPT.F" (title='SAMPLE Reporting')
PATH="SAMPLET.HTML" (URL=NONE)
TRANTAB=ASCII
NEWFILE=PAGE
NOGTITLE
STYLESHEET="SAMPLE.WEBSTYLE.LEE" (url='lee2.css')
;

Following is the log note:

NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Stylesheet file: SAMPLE.WEBSTYLE.LEE
NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Body file: RPTB
NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Contents file: RPTC
NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Frame file: RPTF
This tagset is create proper MVS pdse urls with ods. Use it like this: ODS tagsets.mvshtml path="acct.PDSE.HTML" gpath="acct.PDSE.GIF" frame="FILEF" body="FILEB" contents="FILEC" base="http://your.server/MVSDS/" RS=None;

Could you please let me know where i should do the change:

Many Thanks,

Meena
SAS Super FREQ

Posted in reply to deleted_user
Hi, Meena:
If you are saying that syntax which used to work in SAS8 (with NEWFILE=PAGE) does not produce the same results in SAS9 -- then that is an issue for Tech Support.

As you can see from the sample syntax in the LOG note, the PDSE multi-level name goes in PATH= or GPATH= option and the single level member names go in BODY=, FRAME= and CONTENTS= options.

Depending, on what &RPT will resolve to, it looks to me as though you are trying to create a series of sequential files?? At any rate, this is really a question for Tech Support, as they have access to a mainframe computer for testing and verifying syntax.

cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation