BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I am trying to migrate my applications from SAS8 to SAS9.1. For this, I replaced the ODS HTML in SAS 8 with ODS TAGSETS.MVSHTML in SAS9.

The SAS 8 code will generate 100 separate HTML reports while the SAS 9 is generating only 1 HTML report with the contents of the 100 reports get apended one below the other. I want separate HTML reports to be created in SAS 9 too.

Can anyone suggest me where i am missing out, also wat changes i need to do in SAS 9 in order to get the desired output.

Thanks in Advance!
Meena
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Do consider sharing your code - at least the ODS and "HTML report" generation portion. As a consideration, review your use of NEWFILE= parameter with your ODS statement.

By the way, the following Google advanced search against the SAS.COM domain/site, generated some interesting hits:

ods html separate files mvshtml site:sas.com

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
One note about moving from SAS 8 to SAS 9 and ODS -- by default SAS 8 created HTML 3.2 compliant tags when you used ODS HTML; SAS 9 creates HTML 4.0 compliant tags when you use ODS HTML. However, ODS TAGSETS.MVSHTML creates HTML 3.2 compliant tags.

And, according to the log note when you run the tagset:
[pre]
NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Body file: somefile.html
This tagset is create proper MVS pdse urls with ods. Use it like this:
ODS tagsets.mvshtml path="acct.PDSE.HTML"
gpath="acct.PDSE.GIF" frame="FILEF"
body="FILEB"
contents="FILEC" base="http://your.server/MVSDS/" RS=None;

[/pre]

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thanks Sbb and Cynthia ...

I really felt useful...

Here is the HTML code that i use in my SAS 9:

ODS TAGSETS.MVSHTML BODY="&RPT.B" (URL="&RPT.B.HTM") STYLE=DEFAULTLOGO
CONTENTS="&RPT.C" (URL="&RPT.C.HTM") STYLE=STYLES.TEST
FRAME="&RPT.F" (title='SAMPLE Reporting')
PATH="SAMPLET.HTML" (URL=NONE)
TRANTAB=ASCII
NEWFILE=PAGE
NOGTITLE
STYLESHEET="SAMPLE.WEBSTYLE.LEE" (url='lee2.css')
;

Following is the log note:

NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Stylesheet file: SAMPLE.WEBSTYLE.LEE
NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Body file: RPTB
NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Contents file: RPTC
NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.MVSHTML Frame file: RPTF
This tagset is create proper MVS pdse urls with ods. Use it like this: ODS tagsets.mvshtml path="acct.PDSE.HTML" gpath="acct.PDSE.GIF" frame="FILEF" body="FILEB" contents="FILEC" base="http://your.server/MVSDS/" RS=None;

Could you please let me know where i should do the change:

Many Thanks,

Meena
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, Meena:
If you are saying that syntax which used to work in SAS8 (with NEWFILE=PAGE) does not produce the same results in SAS9 -- then that is an issue for Tech Support.

As you can see from the sample syntax in the LOG note, the PDSE multi-level name goes in PATH= or GPATH= option and the single level member names go in BODY=, FRAME= and CONTENTS= options.

Depending, on what &RPT will resolve to, it looks to me as though you are trying to create a series of sequential files?? At any rate, this is really a question for Tech Support, as they have access to a mainframe computer for testing and verifying syntax.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation