BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

hi,

i want to create an RTF report using the Open Sans font.

i tried things like:

proc report data=work.all nowindows style(column)=[fontfamily="Open Sans" fontsize=8pt];

but that gives error messages like:

WARNING: Font specification "Open Sans" failed. Using default font family instead.

help is appreciated.

-Bart

3 REPLIES 3
mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

This mean that the font is not in the SAS registry

check this old thread for details

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

thanks that worked.

a question though: why do i have to register a font in SAS before i can use it to generate an RTF file?

i would think that the RTF can be generated without it since rendering takes place in an RTF viewer (MS Word).

for the archive, on CentOS, i downloaded the zip file containing the fonts from Google Fonts

unpacked the ttf files it contains into /usr/share/fonts/Open_Sans

update the font-cache:

# fc-cache

stop all sas processes to free SASHELP.REGSTRY.ITEMSTOR

run the following code:

proc fontreg

mode=add

msglevel=normal

usesashelp

;

truetype "/usr/share/fonts/Open_Sans";

run;

mohamed_zaki
Barite | Level 11

All what i know is as in the SAS® 9.4 Language Reference Concepts Fourth Edition

that : "

The fonts that are supplied by SAS and the fonts that are installed by Microsoft

are automatically registered in the SAS registry when you install SAS. Fonts that are

installed after you install SAS must be registered manually in the SAS registry.

"

But your question still valid one.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation