BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rschneider
Calcite | Level 5

I'm not sure if this is the correct board, but I'm using SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 to create a PDF report. All of my proc report code works great, but when I use ODS PDF Text to add some additional notes in the document the font_weight and font_style do not work with the font 'Arial Unicode MS' (which is what my company requires). It seems other fonts, but I am wondering if there a reason or a work around for why bolding/italicizing is not working with the font that I need.

Some example code for one of the lines I am trying to include:

ods pdf text="~S={font_face='Arial Unicode MS' font_size=11pt font_weight=bold textalign=center color=black} 50% Initiatives Participation Required";

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Try

'Arial Unicode MS Regular'

Fonts get picky about names

rschneider
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for the suggestions, but unfortunately, this did not work. The output font on the pdf defaults to AlbanyAMT.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, another thing to try is using the newer 9.2 syntax for style overrides
ods pdf text="~{style[fontweight=bold xxx=yyy]text string}";

and if that doesn't work, then try changing the USERTEXT style element in your style template.

cynthia
rschneider
Calcite | Level 5

These options don't seem to work either. It seems like maybe an issue with this particular font using ods PDF, but I'm not sure.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation