BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JT2
Calcite | Level 5 JT2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SAS,

I'm currently using SAS Eguide Version 5.1 (32bit). I have two issues below.

1. I have an issue positioning my graph. The x= seem to work but the y= is not working. I can't get my graph to move down the page. Please help. Half of the code below.

The ODS region x=0in y=0in height=3in width=4in;

Proc gplot data= work.a;

Plot distinct_a * mth = yr /

VAXIS=AXIS1

HAXIS=AXIS2

FRAME LEGEND=LEGEND1;

RUN;QUIT;

2. Can ODS layout handle GPLOT breakdown by multiple graphe? Code example below. There are three multiple line chart in the syntax below.

Proc gplot data= work.c

nocache;

Plot distinct_a * mth = yr /

VAXIS=AXIS1

HAXIS=AXIS2

FRAME LEGEND=LEGEND1;

by rule_type;

RUN;QUIT;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

GPLOT produces device based graphics output and I am not sure how well specific devices (read graphic file formats) interact with ODS layout. I would strongly suggest trying this with with SGPLOT. Note that when you specify and ODS region that is smaller than the size currently used by GOPTIONS Hsize/Vsize and/or Hpixels/Vpixels is likely to cause all sorts of conflicts as the gplot output is build using the goptions size information and then likley trying to "fit" into the size of the ODS area.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

GPLOT produces device based graphics output and I am not sure how well specific devices (read graphic file formats) interact with ODS layout. I would strongly suggest trying this with with SGPLOT. Note that when you specify and ODS region that is smaller than the size currently used by GOPTIONS Hsize/Vsize and/or Hpixels/Vpixels is likely to cause all sorts of conflicts as the gplot output is build using the goptions size information and then likley trying to "fit" into the size of the ODS area.

JT2
Calcite | Level 5 JT2
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. SGplot is definitely the way to go.

In terms of second q, i also used sgplot with a where statement to breakdown my table into three graphs.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation