BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AndersVagiste
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I would like to create a drop down for data validation in Excel with Proc Report , something like the picture below, how do I do that?

SAS 9.4, ODS Excel, 

Excel.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Reeza
Super User
As far as I know, ODS EXCEL doesn't have an option for something like that yet. You may be able to use DDE and/or VBA to create something similar. Depending on what you're doing there may be other options. If you provide more details we can advise you further.
AndersVagiste
Calcite | Level 5
Thank You very much for Your answer and interest in this.
I think there is a solution for this but I don't know how it works but I found this in a paper, and here is something that points to validation in Excel from SAS
https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings16/SAS5642-2016.pdf

[cid:image001.png@01D3173F.E8A9FFB0]

AndersVagiste
Calcite | Level 5
It's page 31 I mean.
SuzanneDorinski
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

The paper is by Chevell Parker.  Page 31 mentions that he's using a modification of the ExcelXP tagset, and that an example of the tagset is available in the Resources section of the paper.  I assume that's the downloadable file.  I haven't used the ExcelXP tagset in a while, so I didn't read all the way through his paper.  But now I'm curious about this, so I'll try it out.  

Reeza
Super User

That's not ODS Excel - you'll get an XML file instead, you can convert it to XLSX after. 

Have you gotten his sample to run? That's where I'd probably start, the code is there to test it.  

AndersVagiste
Calcite | Level 5

There is no support for creating "Data Validation" cells in Excel but there are the wishes of many users.
There are, however, alternatives, just as complicated.

Det finns inget support för att skapa "Data Validation" celler i Excel men det finns som önskemål av många användare.

Det finns däremot alternativ, rätt så krångliga.

A modified version of EXCELXP

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings16/SAS5642-2016.pdf

Use VBA code and call SAS within Excel.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/203-2013.pdf

Det finns inget support för att skapa "Data Validation" celler i Excel men det finns som önskemål av många användare.

Det finns däremot alternativ, rätt så krångliga.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation