BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DragonLEG
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to make a group of proc report tables completely formatted using ODS Excel, rather than writing Excel Macros to edit the formats to make the tables printable.  For the majority of my tables using the option "fittopage" works since they are one page tables.  However I have two tables that span multiple pages in length and cannot figure out how to get the 13 columns to fit (in an Excel macro I can set the output to "fit all columns on page") then set where the page breaks need to happen.  Is there a way to do this in ODS Excel?

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Tagsets excelxp has the fit to page option, have you tried that with ODS EXCEL?

Some of the tagsets.excelxp options are valid in ODS EXCEL but not all. There's a page that has the exceptions but I can't find it 😞

DragonLEG
Calcite | Level 5

I use the fit to page for my single page tables. If I use it for the long tables it fits all the pages on a single page making the table unreadable because of the teeny-tiny shrinkage.

ballardw
Super User

May I suggest that if the object is to create print output that RTF or PDF may be a better choice?

Though any output with sufficient rows or columns is not going to fit on a typical page.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: ODS Excel has PAGES_FITWIDTH and PAGES_FITHEIGHT suboptions, so you can say to fit to the width but not change the fit to height or you can change both. It really is something that is controllable. If you look in the documentation, you only need to scroll down to OPTIONS and then in alpha order to the section for P where you will find the PAGES_FITWIDTH and PAGES_FITHEIGHT and PRINT_HEADER options too.
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/67921/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p09n5pw9ol0897n1qe04...
I hope this helps.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation