The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

ODS EXCEL

Occasional Contributor

ODS EXCEL

[ Edited ]

When I move the run between windows and UNIX for ODS EXCEL OUPUT, the font changes. I am aware it is OS dependent but is there a style or so which can make it consistent? or any options?

Super User

Re: ODS EXCEL

Are you specifying a STYLE on the ODS Excel statement? If not then two different installs may be using different styles as the default.

I would start by finding a style common to both installs and using that. Note that the installs may have different styles available.

proc template;

list/where=(lowcase(type)='style');

run;

will generate output with the available styles.

Occasional Contributor

So if we specifically list the style, it should be independent of the OS with regards to all the attributes like font size, font , etc.
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Maybe. It depends on the style and the font settings in the style. The fonts in the style have to be available on the OS. Many of the newer SAS styles have a specification like this:
'TitleFont' = ("<MTsans-serif>, Albany AMT",11pt,bold)
where the font in the greater than and less than symbols is going to be defined in the SAS registry. You have to look under the ODS --> Fonts registry entry to see that (in my system, on Windows), the MTsans-serif font is defined as Albany AMT.

So, you might find that the MTsans-serif font on one operating system is different in the registry than the MTsans-serif font in the registry in another operating system.

This page lists the fonts http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=lrcon&docsetTarget=n04qo8tw2712qln1mzugjoorkj7j.htm&docset... just scroll down to the table on the page that has the title: True Type fonts supplied by SAS.

Cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation