BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I use SAS in UNIX (on the server of my university) through SSH shell to run some programs for research. It works great before. However, since yesterday, I've started to get error messages. For example, I have a sas program file named 'x.sas'; previously I could run this file by type command '>sas x.sas', but now it gives following messages:

ERROR: Cannot open X display. Check display name/server access authorization.
ERROR: Explorer failed to initialize.
ERROR: Explorer failed to initialize.
ERROR: Device does not support full-screen.
ERROR: Device does not support full-screen.

The 'x.sas' file doesn't include any 'proc import' or 'proc export' or anything that might evoke the error message. Actually, 'x.sas' is an old file. I could run it properly by 'sas x.sas' command previously, but can not now.

I tried '>unsetenv DISPLAY', but it doesn't work. However, '>sas -nodms x.sas' seemed work. But it makes no sense cause since I could properly run SAS on our server previously without the option '-nodms'. Why it becomes necessary now, and how comes this option can solve this problem?

I didn't change any setting in the SSH shell or anything on my PC. I'm not the only user has this problem; my professor also meet this problem. Can your experts help me to diagnose the problem? and how to solve it eventually? Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
As this is a forum for questions about ODS and Base Reporting, there aren't likely to be a lot of people here who are experts with this problem. Your best bet is Tech Support. To find out how to contact SAS Tech Support, refer to:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/index.html.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation