Im a newbie, so please be gentle when replying. I'm simply trying to implement a Line break between comment lines when outputting to HTML. Before i put handling in to ignore blank lines, when all cmmt* fields were blank, it would correctly use the <br>'s. However when some data exists, it outputs the <br>'s as & lt ;br& gt ;..(spaces put in intentionally so that it doesnt format them to symbols) does anyone have an easy solution?
CREATE TABLE WORK.QRY1 AS SELECT
(A.cmmt1 || ifc(A.cmmt2="","",'<br>') ||
A.cmmt2 || ifc(A.cmmt3="","","<br>") ||
A.cmmt3 || ifc(A.cmmt4="","","<br>") ||
A.cmmt4 || ifc(A.cmmt5="","","<br>") ||
as cmmt label "Comments",
FROM Table1 as A
ORDER BY A.Nbr;
ods html file = _webout ;
Title1 Merged Comments
proc print data = WORK.QRY1 noobs label ;
ods html close;
Message was edited by: Paat
Message was edited by: Paat
Protectspecialchars=off allows the browser to see the <br> as a valid HTML Break tag. So it would not necessarily "alter" your style formatting.
The special fileref that you use: _WEBOUT indicates to me that you are either using SAS/IntrNet or have written a SAS Stored Process (for use in the Enterprise Intelligence Platform.
Debugging your style issue will depend on which one of those 2 references for _WEBOUT is the one you are using. And, if you are using _WEBOUT with a stored process, the solution may be affected by which client application you are using to execute the stored process. For example, with the SAS Add-in for Excel and/or PowerPoint-- the default result type for a stored process is SASReport XML -- which does not use any of your style information -- unless you do something special to turn on style usage.
If you are using SAS Web Report Studio, styles and _webout do not generally work the way they do in other client applications. If you are using the Stored Process Web Application to submit the stored process, the URL that you show is a relative path FROM the path you gave when invoking the URL for stored process execution. The stylesheet= option that works with EG, for example, is probably not the correct stylesheet= option for either of the 2 usage scenarios.
Tech Support can determine which usage scenario you are operating with and can help you with the correct syntax for your platform and installation specifics.
I dare say its the stored process way, as i have to create a stored process for each "application" i write. Aside from that i'm not really sure (spot the newbie!) ?!
The application is solely for use on a web browser, IE, on the company intranet.
Before i added in the protectspecialschars=off option, the stylesheet was working perfectly. If i remove the protectspecialchars=off the stylesheet returns and formatting is correct on the table. So i cannot see it being a path issue, as it works until the addition of the protectspecialchars=off. I should note that the formatting ONLY changes for the columns of the table... everything else remains formatted correctly for the stylesheet provided.
Hi...well, that's very interesting behavior. I thought that protectspecialchars=off did not affect anything other than the HTML tags in your variable values or labels or titles.
In that case, my guess would be that it's something with the tagset and tagset template that's being used for ODS HTML -- and some unforseen interaction with PROTECTSPECIALCHARS=OFF. But that's just my guess.
Tech Support could help you track it down for sure.
Something similar used to happen in either 8.2 or early versions of 9 -- but you would only lose the tag in the title or footnote. You got rid of the problem by using the <DIV> tag. It used to happen in the TITLE and this is the way you fixed it: http://support.sas.com/faq/033/FAQ03383.html