BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kayalvizhi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi

I need to create a XLS worksheet report ,in which the tables displayed in panels and having multiple tabs in worksheet.

So I used msoffice2k_x tagset for having the side-by-side display of tables(but it created only one sheet per workbook) .

Then created separate worksheets and tried combining worksheet_source option.But it seems like it stores the hyperlink  and not the actual file.   

Can you someone help me with storing the files permanently or an alternative approach ?

Thank,

Kayal

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

First question: Do you actually want an XLS (as in the years ago replaced file format) or XLSX, the current file format?

The files are quite different.

Reeza
Super User
I'm not aware of a better way to get side by side tables in SAS right now unfortunately. If you know some R it's pretty basic to get data into Excel where you need it but it's not formatted either. How complicated is your report structure? Any option of building an Excel template and using SAS to populate it? That's usually my workaround.
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

how about something like this

ods html close;
ods excel file = "C:\Myresults.xlsx"
    options (contents = 'on');
proc print data = work.a_counts noobs;
proc print data = work.b_counts noobs;
proc print data = work.ac_counts noobs;
proc print data = work.bc_counts noobs;
run;

ods _all_ close;
ods html;
Reeza
Super User
ODS HTML doesn't support multisheets, without a lot of work arounds at least. ODS EXCEL doesn't support side by side tables 😞

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation