The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

Mainframe SAS - ODS to Excel

N/A

Mainframe SAS - ODS to Excel

I need help with the Tagset.Excelxp ODS feature. I am working with SAS on the Mainframe. I need to access the output of the freq procedure in Excel. I understand that this will create an XML file that Excel can read.

I successfully submitted the program. After I FTP the file to the PC, Excel gives me an error saying that it is not able to read the file.

I assume this has something to do with the mainframe to PC transfer, but it might be something else also. Any ideas?

Code...

ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP FILE=OUTPUT STYLE=SASWEB;
PROC FREQ...
ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP CLOSE; Edit...
I am using SAS version 9.1 and Excel version 2003.

Message was edited by: SASUser at Sep 15, 2006 12:04 PM
SAS Super FREQ

Re: Mainframe SAS - ODS to Excel

Posted in reply to deleted_user
You might try the RS=NONE option in your invocation

filename mvsfref 'www.xxx.yyy.zzz';
ods tagsets.excelxp file=mvsfref rs=none;

I don't know whether it will help with ExcelXP -- but it's specifically recommended for cross-platform creation of HTML files because RS=NONE specifies that every line gets written out one at a time to the file, with the appropriate carriage return/line feed character at the end of every line and thus, there is no awkward wrapping that might get truncated or messed up by FTP. Since XML is a markup language text file, like HTML, it's worth a try.

The other thing is to see if it makes a difference to FTP as TEXT. Otherwise, you may need to contact Tech Support for more help.

cynthia
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation