BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I need help with the Tagset.Excelxp ODS feature. I am working with SAS on the Mainframe. I need to access the output of the freq procedure in Excel. I understand that this will create an XML file that Excel can read.

I successfully submitted the program. After I FTP the file to the PC, Excel gives me an error saying that it is not able to read the file.

I assume this has something to do with the mainframe to PC transfer, but it might be something else also. Any ideas?

Code...

ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP FILE=OUTPUT STYLE=SASWEB;
PROC FREQ...
ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP CLOSE; Edit...
I am using SAS version 9.1 and Excel version 2003.

Message was edited by: SASUser at Sep 15, 2006 12:04 PM
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
You might try the RS=NONE option in your invocation

filename mvsfref 'www.xxx.yyy.zzz';
ods tagsets.excelxp file=mvsfref rs=none;

I don't know whether it will help with ExcelXP -- but it's specifically recommended for cross-platform creation of HTML files because RS=NONE specifies that every line gets written out one at a time to the file, with the appropriate carriage return/line feed character at the end of every line and thus, there is no awkward wrapping that might get truncated or messed up by FTP. Since XML is a markup language text file, like HTML, it's worth a try.

The other thing is to see if it makes a difference to FTP as TEXT. Otherwise, you may need to contact Tech Support for more help.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation