BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sam_Hill_AMEX
Calcite | Level 5
Hello All,
With all of the commenting I try to do, I would like to have the ability to assign what I would call "auto text" to a couple of my keys.

I want to be able to press F11 when in my Program Editor and get the result of:

/**************************************

then press F12 and get:

**************************************/

We're a bit stumped here @ amex on this one, and hoping someone out there may have some ideas.

Thanks,

Sam
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, Sam:
You might want to double check this with Tech Support, as I am dredging up some faint memories here. Try popping up the KEYS window (enter KEYS in the Command line). Then when the KEYS window is active, type a tilde (~) as the first character of the string:
[pre]
~/**********
in the area next to the F11 key and
~***********/
in the area next to the F12 key
[/pre]
The key settings are saved when you close the window, but I can't remember whether they're saved for the session or for good. You may have to issue a WSAVE or something like that before you close the window. Tech Support would know for sure.
cynthia
Olivier
Pyrite | Level 9
If you are using SAS on Windows, you should be able to use the Enhanced Editor, and therefore to record a keybord macro : action = type /********************** and associated key = F11.
If on a different OS, the ~ trick Cynthia just explained should work alright ; the keys are save on a profile basis, so you should have the F11 and F12 re-definitions saved when you close your SAS session.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation