BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
thiruvanan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I downloaded the MS Office 2k_x tagset from below mentioned site 

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/msoffice2k/ and saved it in .tpl format in folder called  G:\Excel\

I tried submitting the following codes,but its showing error. How to get rid of this error  ? Is anyone facing the same error as me ?

%include "G:\Excel\msoffice2k_x.tpl";

Errors (From Log)

eval $data_row inputn(data_row,"best");
10051 +
10052 + do /if mod($data_row, 2);
10053 +
10054 + do /if any( $banner_odd, $fbanner_odd);
10055 + put " class=""second""" ;
10056 + else;
10057 + done;
^
ERROR: Unknown tagset statement
10058 +
10059 + else;
^
ERROR: Statement "else" is not valid
10060 +
10061 + do /if any( $banner_even, $fbanner_even);
10062 + put " class=""first""";
10063 + else;
10064 + done;
10065 +
10066 + done;
10067 + done;
10068 + end;
10069 +

Tagset Error.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Reeza
Super User

That's weird. What version of SAS are you using? 

Try opening the TPL file and submitting it directly in SAS, the tpl file is a SAS program,  

thiruvanan
Calcite | Level 5
Yes. I tried all 3 steps mentioned in the website. Still showing same
error.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, when I went to here: http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/msoffice2k/index.html and downloaded the file in the Introduction section, it came down with a .SAS file extension. I submitted the code and did not get any errors.
cynthia
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Start a fresh session and re-submit the code (with only the include!).

The log should not have more than ~1200 lines. The fact that your log is already at 10000+ shows that some other code has run that might have done something bad.

thiruvanan
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
I'm working on WPS not SAS. Will there be any problem because of this?

attachments. -##
Regards
Thiruvanan T.
Reeza
Super User

Yes, the templates are not designed for WPS and may not work. I suggest you contact WPS support and get their response. 

Reeza
Super User

@Kurt_Bremser To be fair, SAS is prohibitively expensive for an individual consultant. WPS is a fraction of the cost if you're just starting out. I have a WPS license for my consulting, because there's no way I can afford a SAS license with one or two small clients a year. At work I have full access to SAS.

thiruvanan
Calcite | Level 5
@Reeza, Can you please tell me by submitting this code in WPS, if possible?
Just to get confirmed if it's because of WPS. Thanks again for the reply.

attachments. -##
Regards
Thiruvanan T.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Reeza wrote:

@Kurt_Bremser To be fair, SAS is prohibitively expensive for an individual consultant. WPS is a fraction of the cost if you're just starting out. I have a WPS license for my consulting, because there's no way I can afford a SAS license with one or two small clients a year. At work I have full access to SAS.

The proper path would now be to contact WPS technical support and provide them with the SAS code that doesn't work on their platform, but works OK in its native environment.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation