BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mkm
Calcite | Level 5 mkm
Calcite | Level 5
Hello there,
Are there any potential issues especially in invoking 'Stored Process', 'SAS Web OLAP Viewer for Java' currently housed using the Apache Tomcat servlet container
on a Windows 2003 Enterprise BI system from an ASP .Net Reporting Portal (within the same firm) or to rephrase the question in a better way - any hiccups in integrating IDP static / dynamic reports into an ASP.Net reporting portal (which will also be used to deliver SSRS & Crystal reports).
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
mkm...

I'm looking to do the same thing. Here is my thread for you to read (not that I have any real answers but it appears as if there isn't a SAS Report Viewer as there is an SSRS reportViewer control (in .Net)).

http://support.sas.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16756#16756

I will probably be looking to use an IFrame and just redirect the src to be a report in the portal. To get that to work, however, I'll need to include any credentials within the URL string in order to bypass the login page (I wouldn't want users of SAS reports to have to log in each time they pick a SAS report).

If you get any good answers or if you have any ideas/anything that works, I'd appreciate it if you could post online within my thread. Maybe we can work together to find a solution that solves both of our problems (as it appears to be the same problem!!).

Mike
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You CAN invoke a Stored Process using the Stored Process Web Application. This is an invocation via URL -- for example, a URL that calls the Stored Process Web App is:
[pre]
<a target="new" href="http://yourserver.com:8080/SASStoredProcess/do?
_program=/MyFolder/MyStoredProcess&region=Canada">Click here to launch the Stored Process</a>
[/pre]

as discussed here:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/stpwebapp.html

In an ASP front end, I assume there is a way to issue a URL to execute a server program (as you might if your ASP application were going to pop a Google map of an address). When you execute a Stored Process using the SPWA, the results that come back are generally a regular HTTP stream of HTML results.

So, if your &_ODSDEST reserved parameter is set to one of the HTML destinations, then your SP results would come back as HTML; if your &_ODSDEST reserved parameter is set to ODS CSV, then the SP results would stream back as CSV (and you might have to change the content-type header in this instance). You would only need an SRX viewer if you were generating SAS Report XML as a result of the SP execution. You don't HAVE to generate an SRX report -- you can generate other types of output. In fact, the default IDP results when you execute a SP are HTML results.

Since a Stored Process can return many different types of results, it should be possible to find a different result type that suits your purposes. I really think that a consultation with Tech Support will generate the best advice in this regard.

cynthia
mkm
Calcite | Level 5 mkm
Calcite | Level 5
Mike / Cynthia,
Thanks for all the info.
Also, any insight on Java / ASP compatibility. If folks were to view the OLAP from within an ASP Portal? or is it a No-No. Do we need to create Web Reports to work around that?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation