The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

I am having a problem getting my background image to show in RTF output.

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

I am having a problem getting my background image to show in RTF output.

,I am using PROC TEMPLATE to create a style, and include a simple background JPG graphic designed to fill the page. Here's the code:

proc template;

define style safetyslides ; parent=Styles.rtf;

style Body from Document / leftmargin=.25in rightmargin= .25in topmargin=.25in bottommargin=24pt

height=8.5in width=11in backgroundimage="C:\backgrounds\background1.jpg";

style systemtitle / just=center foreground=black font_face=arial font_size=24pt font_weight=bold;

style systemfooter / just=right foreground=black font_face=arial font_size=12pt ;

style table / cellpadding=3pt cellspacing=2pt bordercolor=black borderwidth=2pt width=684pt;

style header / background=white foreground=black font_weight=bold font_size=20pt just=center font_face=arial;

style rowheader / font_size=20pt font_face=arial;

style colheader / font_size=20pt foreground=black just=center font_weight=bold font_face=arial;

style data / foreground=black just=left font_face=arial font_size=20pt vjust=bottom;

end;

No matter what I do, the background is still white. I tried scaling the background jpg using MS picture editor to 150dpi (from a SAS Tech Note), but that did not seem to work. Should I try to create the graphic so that it is 8.5x11 to fill the page? I'm at a loss here. I am using RTF, not TAGSETS.RTF as my ODS destination.

Thanks,

Derek

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-22-2013 01:08 PM
Super User

Re: I am having a problem getting my background image to show in RTF output.

Posted in reply to cov_derek

My online documentation, SAS 9.2.3, for BACKGROUNDIMAGE doesn't indicate support for RTF or measured RTF, only markup, PCL and PS destinations.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎02-22-2013 01:08 PM
Super User

My online documentation, SAS 9.2.3, for BACKGROUNDIMAGE doesn't indicate support for RTF or measured RTF, only markup, PCL and PS destinations.

Contributor

Well that would certainly explain it. Guess I would have to add any background to the RTF file in Word.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation