BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
KevinQin
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,
I want to have some trial tests on original templates.
Is there an easy way to restore original templates in sashelp.tmplmst?

-Kevin
5 REPLIES 5
Andre
Obsidian | Level 7
Kevin,
I am surprised you ask this
as modification or adding of templates are not going to the basic protected
master store; sashelp.tmplmst is in read mode!
If you have managed some special modification of this basic store
then i think you have to reinstall Sas.

Generally a template is going to the store sasuser.templat which is in update mode
and you have also a possibility to redirect them to a personnal template store.

ods path my.tplstore(update) sashelp.tmpmst(read);

see
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/61723/HTML/default/a002567574.htm
and
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/61723/HTML/default/a002233323.htm

HTH
Andre
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
As Andre said, unless you have somehow corrupted SASHELP.TMPLMST, you should be able to test with the SAS-installed templates with:
[pre]
ODS PATH SASHELP.TMPLMST(READ);
[/pre]

This will remove all other template stores from the search path and will ONLY use the SAS-supplied templates.

If you -did- somehow write to SASHELP.TMPLMST or have otherwise corrupted the SAS-supplied template store, then your best bet is to work with Tech Support. You may not need to reinstall SAS. I have seen that happen, but only as a last resort.

cynthia
KevinQin
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for your input.

I remember that when registry file corrupt, I can delete all files (e.g. c:\Documents and Settings\userid\My Documents\My SAS Files\9.x) and then recreate them by invocating new SAS session.

Can I use this to recreate the templates?

-Kevin
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
No. The standard templates (the ones in sashelp.tmplmst) are installed as part of your normal SAS installation. To recreate them you'll have to repeat at least part of the SAS install. Tech. Support is your best bet here.
KevinQin
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for the explanation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation