BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JSWilson64
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to create some calendars using a data set of simple single-day events.

In my data set, the maximum number of "events" per day is 8 and the maximum string length of an event is 22 characters.

Events occur on all days of the week so limiting to weekdays will not help.

When I run Proc Calendar to create my output, it truncates my event entries and leaves some off (directing output to screen).

I have tried setting the linesize and pagesize options, tried setting papersize to legal, tried portrait / landscape and nothing helps.

Plus when I direct my output to PDF it shrinks the calendar to approximately 2/3 of a page wide and tall.

I need to be able to display all events in their entirety - I realize it's probably a simple setting but most of what I do deals with raw data, not making it look pretty, so the output side of SAS is kind of a mystery.

Thanks for any help.

James Wilson,
Dallas TX

5 REPLIES 5
JSWilson64
Fluorite | Level 6

I should add:

SAS 9.3 on Windows XP platform.

ballardw
Super User

It may help us to provide the code you're using.

The PDF issue might be the default font used by the style, but that's a guess.

JSWilson64
Fluorite | Level 6

Here's basically what I'm running:

ods pdf file="c:\mypath\caltest.pdf" ;

proc calendar data=cal;
start date;
dur dur;
var event;
run;

ods pdf close;

I have tried playing with the linesize=, pagesize=, papersize, orientation options but all truncate either the number of events or the width of events. I'm not using any styles - just the default settings.

Here's some sample data without the stuff that would get me fired (all events are only one day dur=1 for all 😞

FROM_DATE dur event

11AUG2010 1 2 other codes

11AUG2010 1 205xx Inj

11AUG2010 1 99205

11AUG2010 1 ECG 2 codes

11AUG2010 1 Injection + 1 j drug

11AUG2010 1 PT

11AUG2010 1 UA / Lab

11AUG2010 1 venipuncture

17AUG2010 1 205xx Inj

17AUG2010 1 7 other codes

17AUG2010 1 99214

17AUG2010 1 Injection + 2 j drugs

17AUG2010 1 UA / Lab

17AUG2010 1 venipuncture

24AUG2010 1 205xx Inj

24AUG2010 1 3 other codes

24AUG2010 1 99214

24AUG2010 1 UA / Lab

24AUG2010 1 venipuncture

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You will need to check with Tech Support. I believe that part of the reason might be that PROC CALENDAR was originally designed for the LISTING window/destination. So it is designed to be MONOSPACE (fixed pitch font) output. I believe that when you use PROC CALENDAR with ODS, that ODS makes an area on the page and inside that area is the "batch" or LISTING output....using a fixed-pitch font and dashes and asterisks and other characters from the FORMCHAR option to make the calendar box. Therefore, I do not think you can impact the PROC CALENDAR output with a STYLE template. But, as I said, you need to check with Tech Support. There are a few procedures that work this way. I think CALENDAR was one, EXPLODE was another, possible PROC PLOT and PROC CHART and a few others. Tech Support could verify whether the style and margin options will have an impact on PDF. The documentation examples show HTML, but if you notice, in the doc, the calendar itself is "unstyled" -- only the title uses the style colors and fonts:

Base SAS(R) 9.4 Procedures Guide, Second Edition (calendar example showing monospace font for calendar and no style)

cynthia

JSWilson64
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks - I have a call in to Tech Support and they're trying to round up someone with Proc Calendar knowledge...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation