BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
saroj
Calcite | Level 5
There is a web based application written in java. This application creates a SAS compatible file and stores it in a client computer folder running on windows.Now the requiremnt is to start a SAS program to process this file and create a report once the java application has created the file.

The SAS is installed in client computer only and is PC-SAS .

Any help will be much appreciated... thanks
1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
Hi saroj

Your request would be a task for a SAS Server with the necessary modules installed (I believe a running object spawner, SAS/Integration Technology).

You write:
„...and stores it in a client computer folder running on windows..“ I assume this doesn’t mean that the Java application has remote access to your client PC but that it writes its output to a Server directory which is mapped on your PC.

A cheap work-around could be:
You write a little script which runs in a scheduler on your PC and looks for this output file from the Java application. When the files is there then you invoke the SAS program processing this file (as the script runs on your PC this won’t be a problem). Using the Advanced Schedule Options you can run a task in whatever interval you want and for how long that you want.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569

HTH
Patrick

P.S: Don't forget to implement a mechano that the SAS process runs only once when the file is there (i.e. by renaming the file you're looking for after SAS processed it).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation