The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

How to create superscript for "b"

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to create superscript for "b"

I have created superscript "a" using "aa"x.  Also can create supercripts for 2, 3 ...   What code is for superscript "b"?  Where could I find the code?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-16-2013 09:20 AM
Super Contributor

Re: How to create superscript for "b"

Technically the 'aa'x is a special ascii character referred to as a ordinal indicator (Ordinal indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) so technically not a superscript a. I dont think the ascii code set has a  superscript "b" look a like. Here is the full code set I usually refer too when looking characters up ASCII Code - The extended ASCII table

I think the escape character method might be the only way to get at what you need. What do you mean your "system system up does not take this approach with ODS escapechar"? Are you on unix or a mainframe?

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Adding Superscripts and Subscripts
Here is an example that adds a superscript and a subscript.
   ods escapechar='^';
   ods listing close;

options nodate number;
   footnote;

ods rtf file="inline.rtf";
   proc print data=sashelp.class;
      title 'This value is superscripted^{super 2} ';
      title2 'This value is subscripted^{sub 2} ';
   run;

Ref:  http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/templateFAQ/Template_rtf.html#super

Contributor

Our system setup does not take this approach with ODS escapechar.  It does take hex code.  Want to know what hex code is for "b".  Hex code for "a" is  'aa'x.  It works fine.

Thanks,

Solution
‎10-16-2013 09:20 AM
Super Contributor

Technically the 'aa'x is a special ascii character referred to as a ordinal indicator (Ordinal indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) so technically not a superscript a. I dont think the ascii code set has a  superscript "b" look a like. Here is the full code set I usually refer too when looking characters up ASCII Code - The extended ASCII table

I think the escape character method might be the only way to get at what you need. What do you mean your "system system up does not take this approach with ODS escapechar"? Are you on unix or a mainframe?

EJ

Contributor

Agree.  I can not find superscript "b" in  ASCII Code - The extended ASCII table.

I am at UNIX, SAS 9.1.3. Guess escape character method is thw way to go.

Thanks,

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation