BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tekish
Quartz | Level 8

I want to adjust the border lines in the first page and make the border lines as Dotted instead of solid.

Here the the data and mycode.

/******************************************/

/* Fake data for page one */

/******************************************/

data test;

input L$ F$ D$ G$ L$;

cards;

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

L1 FM1 D1 G1 1

;

run;

ods escapechar="^";

options nodate nonumber;

ods pdf startpage=never file="testing.pdf" notoc columns=2;

proc report data=test split='*' nowd headline

style(header)={protectspecialchars=off just=center /*BORDERBottomWIDTH=10*/ borderBottomcolor=black font_size=11pt font_face='Verdana'};

column L F D G L Block ;

define L / noprint;

define F / noprint;

define D / noprint;

define G / noprint;

define L / noprint;

define Block / computed /*flow width=60*/ ' ' style(column)={cellwidth=4in cellheight=3in};

compute Block / char length=3000;

Block =

"^S={just=l font_face='Verdana' font_weight=medium foreground=white} . ."||

"^S={just=l font_face='Verdana' font_weight=medium font_size=12pt foreground=black} Testing Cards"||"^S={}"

||'^n^n'

||"^S={font_face='Verdana' just=c font_size=12pt font_weight=bold}"||' '|| strip(L)||"^S={}"

||"^S={font_face='Verdana' just=c font_size=12pt font_weight=bold}"|| strip(F)||"^S={}"

||'^n^n'

|| "^S={font_face='Verdana' just=c font_size=12pt font_weight=medium}"||" "||'09'x||'09'x||'09'x||'09'x||'09'x||'09'x||'09'x||'09'x||'09'x||"^S={}"

||'^n^n'

|| "^S={font_face='Verdana' just=c font_size=12pt font_weight=bold}"||' '|| D||"^S={}"

||'^n^n^n^n'

|| "^S={font_face='Verdana' just=l font_size=12pt font_weight=medium} "||"^S={}"

||"^S={font_face='Verdana' just=l font_size=12pt font_weight=bold}"|| strip(L)|| "^S={}"

||'^n'

||"^S={font_face='Verdana' just=c font_size=12pt font_weight=medium} "

||'^n^n^n^n'

||"^S={font_face='Verdana' just=l font_size=10pt font_weight=medium font_style=italic}"||'09'x||"^n^n^n^S={}"

||"^S={font_face='Verdana' just=l font_size=8pt font_weight=medium} "||'09'x|| "^S={}"

||"^S={font_face='Verdana' just=l font_size=8pt font_weight=medium}"

;

endcomp;

run;

ods _all_ close;

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, then you might need to check with Tech Support. Based on my really quick test, it looks like borderstyle=dotted is not used by ODS PDF.
cynthia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, what are "cutlines" and why is everything NOPRINT? And when you say "borderlines" dotted, if you NOPRINT everything, then there are not any borderlines inside the table; with everything NOPRINT, there are no headers and you've put all your style changes onto the Header element, but you don't have any headers in what you show. Do you want the border or frame around the whole table to be dotted? If so, that would have to change in a STYLE(REPORT) override, not a STYLE(HEADER). I'm not sure that PDF supports dotted borderstyle, though, you'd have to check in the documentation for that. When I run a simple test, I see that borderstyle=dotted is used by RTF, but not by PDF.

cynthia

dotted_not_pdf.png

tekish
Quartz | Level 8

Cyntia,

I apprecaite your immiadiate response.

Basically i am trying to create I Ideal cards size  3 inches high and 3.5 inches wide so that 6 cards fit on each page of a PDF.The frame is dotted line instead of solid. 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, then you might need to check with Tech Support. Based on my really quick test, it looks like borderstyle=dotted is not used by ODS PDF.
cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation