BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sstat331
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm trying to get my ods html to stop using basic dashed line tables in proc report, proc tabulate, etc. When I use an ODS statement such as:

ODS html style=statistical;

all that changes is the background of the results window. Also, using styles options within a proc tabulate step is not working either. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. I'm using SAS 9.4.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

Check your preferences (check Tools>options>preferences>results and make sure that the "create html" or which ever the text similar may be has the box checked.

Also do your logs have any notes about styes?

sstat331
Calcite | Level 5

@ballardw, Thanks for your response. I checked my preferences again, and yes I do have the "create HTML" option on. I pasted a note from my log below:

967 ods html close;

968 ods html style=statistical ;

NOTE: Writing HTML Body file: sashtml58.htm

Any other guidance you can provide will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

ballardw
Super User

Double check that Statistical is one of the styles available in your menu of style choices.

Close sas and restart.

Without specifying an ODS HTML statement with style

Run this code:

proc tabulate data=sashelp.class;
   class sex age;
   var height;
   table age,
         sex*height*mean;
run;

and attach the resulting HTML file using the Attachments browse took (NOT paste, we want to see the html created without the forum software attempting to reformat anything)

And which is the default style you are using when not specifying statistical? It would be on that same results tab in the STYLE window.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I do not observe the behavior you mention. Style overrides work fine for me in PROC TABULATE and PROC REPORT using the STATISTICAL style. I used the explicit FILE=, so you could see that I opened the output file outside of SAS in a browser window.

cynthia

test_style.png

sstat331
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia_sas,

See the below attachment. The code you provided worked great when I ran the sashelp data, but did not work when I used my data from our server. I always get this message:

433 ods html file='H:\test_style1.pdf' style=statistical;

NOTE: Writing HTML Body file: H:\test_style1.pdf

and the color may change, but the simple dashed line, non-formatted reports get printed. I'm starting to wonder if it is iheriting Linux settings from our server. Do you know if the SAS styles are modified if you access data from a Linux server?

Thanks!

sstat331
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for all of your help! I tried saving the data to my local machine, and then ran proc tabulate with style options on those data. After that, the styles worked fine. Turns out, it must have been a Linux/SAS communication issue.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation