The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

How To Create An Empty Table

Accepted Solution Solved
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

How To Create An Empty Table

Hi All:

Here's a tricky one - I would like to use PROC TABULATE to create an empty table.  Basically, my user wants the overnight job to build a table that they can use for data entry during the day.

Problem is that when all data is missing PROC TABULATE deletes the page (I use ODS to output the page with ExcelXP).  If I put 1 lone value in the table, PROC TABULATE works fine - all cells are empty except 1.

Is there a way to do this with no actual data for the table cells?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-25-2012 10:46 AM
Super User

Re: How To Create An Empty Table

Have you tried creating a custom format for that single value such that it displays a single space? If that doesn't work you might try a format that assigns a null character. In the Windows world that is done using the numeric keypad holding down the ALT key and typing 255 and releasing ALT.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎04-25-2012 10:46 AM
Super User

Have you tried creating a custom format for that single value such that it displays a single space? If that doesn't work you might try a format that assigns a null character. In the Windows world that is done using the numeric keypad holding down the ALT key and typing 255 and releasing ALT.

Super Contributor

Excellent!

Added a format to the reporting variable with low-high=' ', then used that on the tabulate.

Thanks again.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation