BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AshP
Calcite | Level 5
I ma using ODS RTF along with multiple PROC GCHART steps to output 10-20 graphs to a rtf file. I would like to apply a footnote to the rtf file.

However, if I use a simple FOOTNOTE statement, the footnote is applied to each graph instead of being applied globally to the document. Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?
6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Look at the NOGTITLE and NOGFOOTNOTE options for ODS RTF -- they tell ODS that the titles and footnotes should be under the control of RTF and not placed in the SAS/GRAPH image:
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odsug/61723/HTML/default/a002233360.htm

cynthia
Ksharp
Super User
Hi.Cynthia.
There is another resolution which sas-susport has mentioned.

Not use 'footnote' statement.
And add a 'proc report' at the end of the 'proc gchart' to print a footnote.

Ksharp
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Yes, that is another solution. I prefer to move from the simple solution (such as using an OPTION) to the complex (a new PROC REPORT step) because the OPTION method has no consequence to the CONTENTS page (if one is generated) -- but with the extra PROC REPORT method -- an extra "CONTENTS" node would be generated.

Another method is to use ODS TEXT= to place text after the GCHART -- the only issue with this is that the text string would not go into the footer area of the document -- which may be what is desired.

I used to tell my beginning students that if you asked 3 SAS programmers how to do something you'd get 6 different solutions.

cynthia
Ksharp
Super User
Hi.Cynthia.
I am surprised that you are still not go to sleep ,at this time it is nearly to approach mid-night in U.S.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Only past midnight in the Eastern Time Zone. I'm in Mountain time and right now, it's only 10:30 pm. Still have a mystery to work on tonight.

cynthia
AshP
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you, this helped me get what I needed! If anyone's interested in what I did:

I used GTITLE and NOGFOOTITLE in the ODS RTF statment so that my titles went on the individual graphs while the footnotes went in the footer of the rtf file.

However, this ended up also putting the titles in the headers of the rtf file; so I used blank "TITLE1;" statements to clear the saved titles every time I went to a new page with ODS STARTPAGE=NOW;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation