BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BTAinRVA
Quartz | Level 8

I have some SAS code that uses ODS to output some rtf documents that contain tables and charts. When I open these rtf documents and make a minor change, such as adding a bit of text to a title, then save the document, the file size blows up by nearly a factor of 1000, going from 160 Kb to 11 Mb.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what can be done to stop it?

Thanks,

Brian

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

If you're using Word it puts in LOTS of additional tags that SAS doesn't include. Try saving as DOCX, use a different program to edit RTF or modify the SAS code to change the text. I often do the latter so when I update for the next go I don't have to make manual edits.

Also, I've had issues with older RTF documents rendering poorly in the later versions of Word, especially when they include graphics.

BTAinRVA
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation