BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Andre
Obsidian | Level 7
In an annual production process of both pdf and excel files, i encounter some problems when in my code i use some ods sas facilities like
[pre]
1 ='Mineur^{super(6)}'
5='Carte^n "Vie privée ^n& familiale"'
12='Régulari ^n sation' or in another format
327,331,323,322,397,324,399,328,330,326,333,335,344,341,337,336,345=' Pays anciennement^n sous administration^n française^{super(4)}'
[/pre]
for a sentence/word cut in various header cells in a few proc tabulates.

In ods pdf is the result perfect.
[pre] [/pre]
With the tagsets 1.86, this kind of code produces xml files "Not well formed"
with errors like
^n is becoming ;
^{super(4) is becoming a tag B xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" followed by a inserted tag (where i have suppress the S to make it readable as we are in html) (4) but the constructed lines are false formed
[pre]

Pays anciennement
sous administration française (4)

[/pre]
in place of a well formed line like this one of another section
[pre]

Autres pays africains here without subscript
[/pre]

The same is encounter with tagsets 1.70 but just before i received from E.G. a tagset
(SAS 9.1.3, v1.38, 07/11/06) which was accepting those difficulties and ignoring them
with a call with those options
options(embedded_titles='yes' embedded_footnotes='yes' orientation='landscape').
[pre] [/pre]
As i am sorry about the non acceptance of my peculiar code with the tagsets since 1.70, my GENERAL question is
1) was this pass beyound with a recent option i am not aware of
2) in which text of E.G. or from his team are those limits mentionned
[pre] [/pre]
In practice, i am using the old tagset and the fact that superscript are disapearing
is acceptable
[pre] [/pre]
Andre
1 REPLY 1
Eric_SAS
SAS Employee
Hello Andre,

The newer versions of the Excel tagset do support superscript. version 1.86 is available on
the web at http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/

Also, I have an even newer version that I can send you directly if you send me an email directly at Eric.Gebhart@sas.com

It is a more recent version that has just not made it onto the web page yet.

Eric

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation