BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MaryR
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm using SAS 9.2

When using the ExcelXp tagset, when I place a '/' in the SHEET_NAME, it is replaced by a space in the XML file.  Is there a way to avoid this?

Sample code:

ods tagsets.ExcelXP path="C:\" file="my report.xml" style=Journal;

ods tagsets.ExcelXP options(sheet_name="Mostly 3/4 or Better" sheet_interval='None');

proc report data=sashelp.class headline missing nowd split='^^^';

run;

ods tagsets.ExcelXP close;

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

This is a drawback in excel sheet naming convention, which is the reason why you cannot have that special character

There are few rules when naming worksheets.

1. The name must be unique within a single workbook.
  2. A worksheet name cannot exceed 31 characters.
  3. You can use all alphanumeric characters but not the following special characters:
    \ , / , * , ? , : , [ , ].
  4. You can use spaces, underscores (_) and periods (.) in the name as word separators.
Thanks,
Jag
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are not on the latest tagset version v1.131, download it from here and check if you still get the same problem:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/index.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation