BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

So this is a ExcelXP issue, not a PROC TABULATE issue, as I see it.  Can someone show me how to format the fontweight for the page-wise table title, using tagsets.ExcelXP, in the example represented by the variable ORIGIN. 

ods tagsets.excelXP
  file="ex1.xls"
  style=SASdocPrinter;
PROC TABULATE DATA=SASHELP.CARS;

CLASS Make /  ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;
  CLASS Type /  ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;
  CLASS Origin /  ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING style=[fontweight=bold ];
  TABLE /* Page Dimension */
    Origin,
    /* Row Dimension */
    Make,
    /* Column Dimension */
    Type*
      N     ;
RUN;
ods tagsets.excelXP close;

7 REPLIES 7
ballardw
Super User

The style information goes on the CLASS statement.

PROC TABULATE DATA=SASHELP.CARS;

CLASS Make /  ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;
  CLASS Type /  ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;
  CLASS Origin /  ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING style=[fontweight=light fontsize=25pt];
  TABLE /* Page Dimension */
    Origin,
    /* Row Dimension */
    Make,
    /* Column Dimension */
    Type*
      N     ;
RUN;

BIG size just to show it is taking effect. With that large it looks kind of "bold" but isn't.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I only find BOLD and NORMAL the values that work best for fontweight. I would not expect LIGHT to have much of an impact -- if you want the value to appear lighter, I suggest gray something like color=CXDDDDDD or color=CX999999.
cynthia
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

ok. So what I thought was a PROC TABULATE issue is an ExcelXP issue.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Can you try ODS EXCEL instead of TAGSETS.EXCELXP? This is what I got using ODS EXCEL:

try_ods_excel.png

cynthia

PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

yes.  We've yet to install SAS4M5 here, and I'm hoping the "FLOW" option works then for me, first, until then I'm going to use ExcelXP.  ExcelXP has been so great, and its surprising when any of these great SAS products don't do that one thing.  thanks

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
ODS Excel is production and has been for a while. I am still running 9.4 M3 and that's what I used for this screen shot.
Cynthia
PhilC
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

ODS Excel adds those **bleep**  line feeds (oops) in to your strings.  My pet peeve, SAS isn't supposed to change your data, just dress it up.  It's my own hang up.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation