BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hey,

I have a bit of trouble with xls export. This following code snippet runs in EG on Windows but when I executed in a SAS session on AIX it throws the following error: ERROR: No body file. EXCEL output will not be created.

ods excel file='/sas/text.xls';
   proc print data=aaa;
   run;
 ods excel close;

The path is in a directory on the AIX and I can write files to that location via the EG but as I said in a SAS session on AIX it throws an error.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well, first off the ods Excel engine is for creating XLSX files - i.e. the latest Open Office format files, so good idea to call them that.  Secondly AIX, I don't think Office is on that platform is it, so neither will the engine needed to create the files be.  You will probably have to use pcfiles, or use a tagset output such as:

ods tagsets.excelxp file="...abc.xml";

This XML output can be opened in Excel.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Well, first off the ods Excel engine is for creating XLSX files - i.e. the latest Open Office format files, so good idea to call them that.  Secondly AIX, I don't think Office is on that platform is it, so neither will the engine needed to create the files be.  You will probably have to use pcfiles, or use a tagset output such as:

ods tagsets.excelxp file="...abc.xml";

This XML output can be opened in Excel.

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for the pointers, that solved it for me

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for your answer 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation