BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ThomasEkstrom
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I am trying to put our company logo into a multi-sheet report on every page. I have this logo in jpg-format and svg-format. I have tried using the title-functionality

(

title j=r "^S={postimage='c:\path\logo.jpg' }";

)

and while this works for the jpeg-file, however the resolution is undesirable. I have to modify the size to make it fit. I would rather include a vector graphics file (svg or eps-file) as the image source. Is this possible, using css-style or something style from "proc template", or perhaps the ods layout to make this work?

Regards,

Thomas Ekstrom

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

Which output destination are you using? The approach for the solution may differ.

ThomasEkstrom
Calcite | Level 5

Hi!

I am using ods pdf as my output destination. The following code structure have been applied:

ods pdf file = "c:\temp\report.pdf" cssstyle = "c:\temp\HTMLBLue.css";

proc print sashelp.cars:

quit;

ods pdf close;

And this is where some of the items in the css-file have been altered to include the image.

/Thomas
Using SAS9.4 with EG 6.1 on windows 7

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,

RTF, PDF and HTML will all use CSS style sheets. You must use the CSSSTYLE= (yes, there are 3 'S' in that option). I am not sure whether an SVG image can be embedded in a document. With PDF and RTF, in particular, the image that you use is actually converted to an internal form for both PDF and RTF destinations -- so the image undergoes a transformation that can impact how it looks. I don't know whether SVG "works" that way with either destination. That would be a question for Tech Support.

The doc on SVG says:

"Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is an XML language for describing two-dimensional vector graphics. SAS creates SVG documents based on the W3C recommendation for SVG documents. SAS SVG documents are created using the UNICODE standard encoding UTF-8." from: SAS(R) 9.4 Language Reference: Concepts, Fourth Edition        So, it may not be possible to put an XML language file into a PDF document -- again, that is a question for Tech Support

Usually, I have the best luck with PDF and images/logos if the image is a good resolution and already scaled to the size I want in the document.

cynthia

ThomasEkstrom
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Cynthia for your reply!

I will try to get the best resolution on my logo to get the title-solution to work.

Who do I contact if I do wish to proceed to take this issue to the Tech Support? Is it just to send an e-mail to support@sas.com?

Sincerely,

Thomas

Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11

Click the submit a problem report link at the bottom of this page.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation