10-23-2013 07:54 AM
i am having issues opening pdf documents created by ods pdf from emails sent via a sas program. The pdfs are stored remotely on a unix server and i am using standard filename statement to send the email using sas via the unix server.
the problems start when i receive the email and try to open the pdf. I get the following message
'file has been damaged or not properly decoded'.
i Know that sas is creating the files ok as i am able to ftp the file down from the server and open it. So it would appear that the ftp does decode the file but the email service doesnt.
has anyone experienced similar issues?
10-23-2013 08:22 AM
Does the following help?:
I did also see the following which mentions a similar issue, but it was on Mainframe, as opposed to Unix:
10-24-2013 06:41 AM
some useful information, thanks.
unfortunately this did not solve my problem. This does though
%let email_to= firstname.lastname@example.org ;
%let subject=TEST EMAIL;
email_cmd = "(uuencode; " !!
" uuencode &path./&pdf_name. &pdf_name_in_email. " !!
"| cat &path./&email_body_text_file. - " !!
"| mailx -s '&subject.' -r '&email_from.' &email_to.";
call symput('email_cmd', email_cmd);
the last piece i need to figure now is how to change the email type from plain text to html. If you try to attach an html file in the body of the email it just displays the html code rather than the output.
i've tried -a 'content-type:text/html' straight after the mailx command but it doesnt work.
10-24-2013 12:42 PM