Build reports by using ODS to create HTML, PDF, RTF, Excel, text reports and more!

ERROR: Shell escape is not valid in this SAS session.

Contributor

ERROR: Shell escape is not valid in this SAS session.

Hello all,

Im getting this error while running through the windows batch file(windows scheduling).

If i run it in SAS EG or SAS DI. Its running fine.

Super User
Super User

Re: ERROR: Shell escape is not valid in this SAS session.

Posted in reply to kuppusamy

It may be a good idea to post the code your running so we can see something.  What I suspect is that your trying to push operating system commands out through your program, e.g. X or sysexec.  You may have privileges to do this within your EG/DI session, however the batch program does not have the permission to run OS commands (quite sensibly to my mind), and hence you get this error.

I would highly advise you not to do OS commands in your program - imagine a scenario where you have to explain why your code failed and proceeded to delete everything on the network.  If you have to unpack a file (only reason I could see for OS) then do that prior using a vb script or something.  Mostly os access is denied.

Super User
Super User

Posted in reply to kuppusamy

Yes, just the part of the code (or log) relating to the error.  I still suspect your calling the operating system, which is causing the issue.

Contributor

I got the solution...Thank you for your response.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation