BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Linda_V
Obsidian | Level 7

Do I need a new version of Tagsets for SAS9.4?   Also, I am running in a Server environment and it is not letting me WRITE to the Template Store.  I remember getting around this after the last upgrade we went through, but that was several years ago.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

As you are running in a server environment it is weird you want to change the software there unless this is done by a change as part of releasemanagement.
Unless you are responsible for the installation updates should have a closed access.
Every SAS release/version is coming with a tagsets version.

You can check the policies/versions at Base SAS: ODS MARKUP

---->-- ja karman --<-----
Reeza
Super User

I would assume no, but you can check the version.

ODS tagsets.excelxp file="test.xml" options(doc="help");

If its not 1.130 you can upgrade it.

You should also be able to save it in your Sasuser library rather than the server side.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Regarding not being able to write to the TEMPLATE store, what I've ended up doing is to create new templates in the SAS WORK library. This is a very reliable location for templates as each SAS session or job has its own WORK directory. This means no locking problems or getting the perennial unable to access SASUSER library problem if you have more than one session.

The only downside is you have to create your templates for every session, but to me that is a minor inconvenience. To ensure your templates in the WORK library are accessible you need to have an ODS PATH statement like so:

ods path work.template sasuser.templat(update) sashelp.tmplmst(read);

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation