BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mikael_BERTHO_CHU_44_fr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi.

We are testing tagsets.excelxp for producing Excel spreadshits within SAS 9.2 Linux.

For now, we are using RSUBMIT to Windows SAS server and DDE link to control Excel and write XLS files.

So, we have download the latest ExcelXP tagsets v1.127 from :

Base SAS: ODS MARKUP

And we are using this little program to test Excel output on our Windows XP workstation running SAS 9.2 TS2M3 :

ODS LISTING CLOSE;

LIBNAME temp "C:\Temp";

ODS PATH temp.tmplmst(update) sashelp.tmplmst(read);

%INCLUDE "C:\Temp\excltags.tpl";

ODS TAGSETS.ExcelXP FILE="C:\temp\ExcelXP_WINDOWS.xls";

PROC REPORT DATA=sashelp.class NOWINDOWS;

COLUMN name sex age;

DEFINE name / DISPLAY STYLE(Column) = [just=left];

DEFINE sex / DISPLAY STYLE(Column) = [just=center];

DEFINE age / DISPLAY STYLE(Column) = [just=right];

QUIT;

ODS TAGSETS.ExcelXP CLOSE;

So everything is OK (see ExcelXP_WINDOWS.xls file in attachment).

But, running the same progam on our Linux server (Red Hat 5) with SAS 9.2 TS2M3 give us Excel file with all columns right aligned (see ExcelXP_LINUX.xls file in attachment).

When you open and compare those 2 XLS/XML files, you can notice that :

- Cell containing Alfred name use data__l style in ExcelXP_WINDOWS.xls :

<Cell ss:StyleID="data__l" ss:Index="1"><Data ss:Type="String">Alfred</Data></Cell>

- Cell containing Alfred name use data style in ExcelXP_LINUX.xls :

<Cell ss:StyleID="data" ss:Index="1"><Data ss:Type="String">Alfred</Data></Cell>

So first issue, Linux did not use data__l for left aligned column.

But even with correct style, the issue still occur because data__l is not well defined :

* Windows :

<Style ss:ID="data__l" ss:Parent="data"><Alignment ss:WrapText="1" ss:Horizontal="Left"/>

</Style>

* Linux :

<Style ss:ID="data__l" ss:Parent="data"><Alignment ss:WrapText="1" ss:Horizontal="Right"/>

</Style>

Is there any way to fix this issue ?

Thanks.

PS : Sorry for my english, I'm a french SAS user Smiley Wink

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I believe that this is an issue for Tech Support. TAGSETS.EXCELXP is only building the XML file, as you noted. Excel is rendering the sheet. Since you can show that different forms of XML are generated on the different operating systems, one thing to check (in the SAS log) is whether the same verions of TAGSETS.EXCELXP is being used on both systems. I would expect your %include to fail on Linux, because I didn't think that Linux actually had C:\ drives. If your include is not working on Linux, then I'm not sure what version of the tagset template you're getting, but that's why I would recommend checking the log.

If there is a known issue with Windows/Linux and TAGSETS.EXCELXP then Tech Support will know about it. If there is a need to involve the developers to fix the issue, then Tech Support can open a defect, if they verify that this is a defect.

To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

cynthia

Mikael_BERTHO_CHU_44_fr
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia.

I will open a track.

Of course, when I submit this sample program on our Linux server, I have changed path for %INCLUDE and ODS output Smiley Wink

Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation