BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chang
Quartz | Level 8

hi,

I am having to change my existing table to a style that is required by a journal Genes, Brain and Behavior. This journal requires tables to be double-spaced, including the title and the report rows, and with a single bold ruling beneath the column headers. I generate all my tables with proc report and ODS RTF. I then save the table files as .docx in Microsoft Word. I haven't found out code relevant to a double-spaced title and bolded bottom border. Although it is not difficult to change line spacing and border thickness in MS Word, it would be great to be able to do so with SAS Base ODS RTF by changing my current SAS code. I am illustrating desired layouts with some screenshots in MS WORD

Double spaced titles:

My report titles and footnotes are edited and maintained in a MS Excel files. I read the text into SAS macro variables and use them in the title statement per individual table. An example of my title statement :

title4 J=L /*this is the table title*/
		font='Times New Roman' 
		h=10pt "&&NU_tableTitle&table_order."	
	;  

An example of my current table title:

table_title_singleSpaced.png

What I need is a double-spaced bold title:

table_title_doubleSpacedBold.png

How do I change the title statement for this?

Bold bottom border under the column headers

I would like to bold the bottom border (the line beneath zygosity, NU1, NU2, NU3 and All waves) as the following printscreen

table_bottomBorderBold.png

Is there any possibility to do this in the column statement? I have had some "brdr" options in the column statement. But I haven't found out one that can change the border thickness. Can anyone provide a complete reference to all the brdr keywords/options? It is quite hard to find them online.

An example of my column statement:

column
	OBSNO 
	zygoNum2 
	gap01 /*insert a gap between columns with two-level headers*/

("\brdrb\brdrdot\brdrw5\brdrcf1 SPHERE12" 
	twPN_SPHERE12_NU1 twPN_SPHERE12_NU2 twPN_SPHERE12_NU3	twPN_SPHERE12_NUall )
	gap02 /*insert a gap between columns with two-level headers*/
	("\brdrb\brdrdot\brdrw5\brdrcf1 Diagnoses" 
	twPN_Diagnoses_NU2 twPN_Diagnoses_NU3 twPN_Diagnoses_NUall )
	gap03
	("\brdrb\brdrdot\brdrw5\brdrcf1 Overlapped"
	twPN_SPHERE12_n_Diag_dummy)
	; /**/

Double-spaced report rows

To add this, I create a variable OBSNO=_N_ in the data step, following some web post, and use this variable in PROC REPORT's column statement, display statement and compute after. All these basically add a blank row between report rows. I don't know if adding a blank line means double-spaced, but it looks like the one that the Journal can accept. I've shown the part of my code relevant to the variable OBSNO: 

data tem._NU_manuscript01_table&table_order.	;
	set &tDat_twinPairs_twinN_SP_diag.	;	
	gap01='';	/*add gap01, gap02 for inserting blank in PROC REPORT*/
	gap02='';
	gap03='';
	OBSNO=_N_;
run;

proc report	data=tem._NU_manuscript01_table&table_order.
(options not shown due to length)

column
	OBSNO 
(options not shown due to length) ;

DEFINE OBSNO / ORDER NOPRINT;

/*Add blank lines to make double spacing under every report row*/
/*LINE statement here adds a blank row. If text in the quote, a format must be used after the quoted text*/
compute after OBSNO ;
    line "";	
endcomp;

run;

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

It is possible yes, will I do it for you, no.  You can find plenty of examples on the web about using inline styles in SAS, whereby you can set border widths and all other styles.  For example:

http://support.sas.com/kb/46/022.html

As for the \bdr etc. this is RTF code, nothing to do with SAS.  It is a Microsoft technology from quite some time bakc, you can find reference documents on the web abou this:

http://www.biblioscape.com/rtf15_spec.htm

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation