The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

Create Word Tables as Form or Object

Occasional Contributor

Create Word Tables as Form or Object

I have a requirement to create tables as a form or object so the end-user cannot modify any of the table values but include any text above or below the table. Using ODS RTF is there any way to create the tables as form? It is also acceptable if the tables are created as bitmap. Please let me know any suggestion to accomplish this. Thanks.
SAS Employee

Re: Create Word Tables as Form or Object

I'm not aware of a way to generate from SAS a non-editable table within an editable document.

-- David Kelley, SAS
Frequent Contributor

Maybe you could feed the list output from a table-producing procedure into PROC GSLIDE and create a GIF. It wouldn't be pretty.
Contributor

If the 'master document' remains the same across different runs you could create the tables in separate files and then create that master with MS Word and insert the files as links.
The master document (or copies of it) can then be edited, but the tables cannot.

If needed it should also be possible to create such a master with SAS and ODS, but that would require you insert the links to the files as raw RTF. A look in such a document created with Word and saved as RTF would give a fairly good idea of that RTF should look like.
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation