BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TTNY
Calcite | Level 5

When producing the report in EG all headers look fine. But when exporting to PDF one of the column headers, which is quite large, is truncated. The strange thing is that when my collague runs the exact same report and exports to PDF there is no truncation and column headers look fine. So my question is if there are any settings where rowsize or textsize for exporting to PDF can be set, or any other setting that might influence the truncation. Screen dumps are attached.trunc_header.pngnotrunc_header.png

5 REPLIES 5
Ksharp
Super User

Did you use cellheight= or cellwidth=   style ?

TTNY
Calcite | Level 5

It seems I get the same issue with or without the width option. Here is my code:

proc report data=uniquedata style(header)=[background=white] split='*';
column ('' ('' soc)) ('' ('' pt))
('Spontaneous, including competent authorities *(worldwide) and literature'
('Serious' per_ser_s1 cum_ser_s1) ('Non-serious' per_nonser_s1 cum_nonser_s1))
('Total *Spontaneous'('' tot))
('Non-interventional post-*marketing studies and *reports from other *solicited sources'
('Serious' per_ser_s2 cum_ser_s2));

define soc / group 'SOC' style(header)=[just=l];
define pt / group 'PT' style(header)=[just=l];
define per_ser_s1 / analysis 'PSUR *period';
define cum_ser_s1 / analysis 'Cumulative';
define per_nonser_s1 / analysis 'PSUR *period';
define cum_nonser_s1 / analysis 'Cumulative';
define tot / analysis 'Cumulative *all';
define per_ser_s2 / analysis 'PSUR *period';
define cum_ser_s2 / analysis 'Cumulative';

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I ran the report a couple of different ways using SAS 9.3 and didn't run into any issues such as you show in your screen shots. One thing that I am curious about is your statement "When producing the report in EG all headers look fine. But when exporting to PDF..."

I am not sure what you mean when you say "exporting to PDF". When you use EG, I assumed that you meant you clicked the PDF choice to automatically create PDF output from within EG. When you do that, EG adds explicit ODS PDF statements to the behind the scenes code. So, how did you "export to PDF"? Did you turn your code into a stored process and run it in Web Report Studio? Did you accidentally create SASReport output in EG? Are you using the Information Delivery Portal?

I would recommend opening a track with Tech Support. I used EG and I used SAS with explicit ODS statements and I could not replicate your header truncation. I think Tech Support will be your best help on this issue.

cynthia

TTNY
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for your answer. Perhaps the problem is the way I get my report into PDF. Please see attached screen dumps.

Best regards

Tatiana

export1.png

export2.png

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Ah, that was one method I did NOT try. Since I prefer to let ODS control the creation of the PDF document, I used one of 2 methods:

1)explicit ODS control statements:

ods _all_ close;

ods pdf file='c:\temp\xxxx.pdf';

... the code ...

ods pdf close;

OR

2) using the Tools --> Options --> Results General menu choice to DE-select SASReport format and SELECT the check box for PDF results

When I used either of those methods, I did not experience any truncation. I do not know what method the Export to PDF choice uses, so if you want to continue to use that method, then you will have to pursue your question with Tech Support.

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation