BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnSAScom
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Everyone,

I have the output of my PROC TABULATE going to a PDF.  I am able to apply any of the pre-defined SAS color names with any difficulty, however I would like to apply a custom color using the RGB color codes, for example CX31849B (link to SAS documentation:  https://v8doc.sas.com/sashtml/gref/zgscheme.htm). 

I use PROC FORMAT to define colors to cells, such as "red".  This works fine, but when I use something like CX31849B, I get nothing but greyscale. 

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Without code or data, it is hard to make more than a guess, but using PROC TABULATE without a user-defined format, I was able to get this which does appear to be the right color.

cynthia

color_test.png

but, even with a user-defined format it still works for me -- see the row header area for the classlev values for the SEX variable:

use_style_fmt_color.png

ballardw
Super User

Show the code of the Format and the proc tabulate code you are using.

Also Version 8 documentation is a tad old and unless you are using SAS 8 (which is like 12 years out of date) to use version 9 documentation.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation