The SAS Output Delivery System and reporting techniques

Color excel files using calculations

Accepted Solution Solved
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Color excel files using calculations

Hi,

---------------Background -----------------------------------------------------------------

I have 2 files (A. Current year and B. Previous year) in which I am tracking courses offered by Location and the pass/fail ratio

---------------Requirement -----------------------------------------------------------------

in the current year file, I want to show progress with colors using following criteria

1) if the % Pass in both the years are > 80%, then, mark it green in the current year file

2) if the % Pass in both the years are < 80%, then, mark it red in the current year file

3) if the % Pass in any one year is < 80% and the other is > 80%, then, mark it yellow in the current year file

Example

capture 2.PNG

Please note that the excel files for both the files are identifcal, only the values change

Please advise how to accomplish it

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎05-12-2017 06:31 PM
Super User

Re: Color excel files using calculations

I'm assuming you have the data in SAS. 

Are you using ODS EXCEL, or TAGSETS to create the tables currently, or some other method?

Traffic lighting is possible, the paper below works through examples. Note that the code is available for the paper as well.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS050-2014.pdf

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎05-12-2017 06:31 PM
Super User

Re: Color excel files using calculations

I'm assuming you have the data in SAS. 

Are you using ODS EXCEL, or TAGSETS to create the tables currently, or some other method?

Traffic lighting is possible, the paper below works through examples. Note that the code is available for the paper as well.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings14/SAS050-2014.pdf

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation