BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I create a csv file using ods csv. I wanted to change the delimiter to ";" instead of "," but that did not work. I do not get error messages but I still get a comma separated file.

This is my code:
ods csv(2) file="&path/listings/pk_csv_listing.csv" options(delimiter=';');

Does anybody have an idea what I can do?
Just for information, I am using SAS9 on an Unix environment.

Thanks a lot,
Konstanze
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you are running SAS 9.1.3, you can download the updated CSV tagset template from here (I believe the latest is April 2006). That should allow you to use the delimiter= suboption. When I tested the delimiter= suboption in SAS 9.2, there were no issues and I got semicolons as the delimiter. To determine which version of the tagset you are running, look

The download site is:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/ (scroll to CSV link)

Directions for updating your template item store and using ODS PATH are here:
http://support.sas.com/kb/32/394.html

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation