BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear SAS experts,

I have a question concerning PROC REPORT procedure. I’ll try to explain the problem:

Say, I want a report that contains one report item of GROUP type, one report item of ACROSS type and one report item of ANALYSIS type. If data set variable, that is defined as ACROSS report item, has 1000 different values, then there will appear 1000 + 1(for GROUP report item) columns in the report.

I want a report to be as HTML output. When I open the report using internet browser I see a very long table of the report stretching from left to right. If I want to look at the end of the report I have to scroll the report to the left. But then the column of GROUP report items’ values disappears from the browser window. The same happens when I scroll the report window up - the header disappears and I can not see the values of GROUP report item.

Are there any possibilities using SAS ODS to display fixed both header and left column when scrolling the report ? I mean that only the values of ANALYSIS report item would have the possibility to be scrolled ?

Please, take a look at the example of what I want: www.activewidgets.com/grid/

Thanks a lot 🙂
Sarunas
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi!
The EXCELXP tagset uses Spreadsheet Markup Language to create a file that you can open with Excel. The tagset has an option for freezing headers (on the top) and row headers (on the left). To see whether you have the version of the tagset that create this kind of file, submit a test job with this option:
[pre]
ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\somefile.xls'
options(doc='help');
proc print data=whatever;
run;
ods tagsets.excelxp close; [/pre]
The documentation for the ExcelXP tagset will be written to the SAS log. What you are looking for in the log is the Frozen_Headers and Frozen_RowHeaders option. If you do not see those options in your SAS log, that means you have to download the newest version of the tagset from the ODS MARKUP web site. I'll put the link below.

If you are not at all interested in an Excel file, then there is a tagset called the HTMLSCROLL tagset that puts some Javascript code into an HTML file to perform frozen_header scrolling inside a web browser. I do not know whether the HTMLSCROLL tagset also allows frozen row header scrolling.

For more information on the HTMLSCROLL tagset or to get an updated copy of the EXCELXP tagset, refer to:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/topics/odsmarkup/htmlscroll.html (HTMLSCROLL)

http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/topics/odsmarkup/ (scroll down to the middle of the page where you see ExcelXP at the beginning of the paragraph)

Good luck!
cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear Cynthia,
thank you a lot for your quick reply 🙂 I'll read the links.

Best regards,
Sarunas
Chevell_sas
SAS Employee
Hello,

Also take a look at the tableEditor tagset which does something like this which you can find at the below FTP location. After extracting the zip file, click on the demo.html file to see the example code.

Chevell

ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/public/base/tableEditor.ZIP
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear Chevell,
thank you a lot for the link. It is very helpfull to me 🙂

Best regards,
Sarunas

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation