BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
IamSam
Calcite | Level 5

Configuration : ( SAS 9.3 TS Level1M2 running on X64_7PRO platform ) ; MS Excel 2007 ; ExcelXP Tagset version v1.130, 08/02/2013

I have modified the STATISTICAL parent style into one of my own (refer template.sas). This is being used with other macros (refer scorecard.sas) to produce the output ScorecardResults.xls. It seems that despite the 'height=1.5in" specification for table header, SAS ignores it while producing the output. Can you help me understand why.

To be clear on my end objective - example - tab named 'Population Stability', the header row height is 14. Suppose, I want to make this double, that is 28.

Cheers

Abhishek

5 REPLIES 5
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Have you tried setting the AUTOFIT_HEIGHT option, and ROW_HEIGHTS?

I am not sure there is such an options as height in templates, at least I can't find it in the templates I was looking at?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, You are exactly right. These 2 sub-options, specific to TAGSETS.EXCELXP, will make the table header row higher.

Cynthia

ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\testht2.xml' style=styles.htmlblue

options(doc='Help' row_heights='75,0,0,0,0,0,0' autofit_heights='no');

proc print data=sashelp.class;

run;

ods _all_ close;

IamSam
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your suggestions. Is there a way to implement such features through a 'style' definition? I had shared the custom template that I am using. In that I want to make the header of all data tables to be wider.

I am using a series of macros that will produce many tables - specifying row_height in each of them separately is not feasible.

The way I can specify

class Header /

vjust=m

cellpadding = 10

height = 1.5in

bordercolor = cxB0B7BB

backgroundcolor = cxEDF2F9

color = cx112277;

Is there any option to increase the row height?

Thanks

Abhishek

RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Hi,

Try the option: ROW_HEIGHT_FUDGE

Also refer to the ExcelXp documentation at: Base SAS: Quick Reference for TAGSETS.EXCELXP Tagset

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

SAS did not ignore your HEIGHT= option. To prove this, run simplified code as shown on the attached screen shot. As you can see from the output, your approach works just fine in destinations that respect the SAS setting. But Excel has certain defaults for column width and row height and no matter what you set in the style template, when you are sending report output to Excek, you have to look for other ways, such as the AUTOFIT_HEIGHT suboption and the ROW_HEIGHTS suboption to get Excel to pay attention to your changes.

cynthia

change_height_XP.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation