BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Pramod_R
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I wanted to have a callout on a particular row which is being displayed in a proc report with ods pdf. Is this possible in SAS? The row for which the callout needs to be added is fixed.

Let me know if my question makes sense.

Thanks in Advance!

Pramod

2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User

What do you mean 'callout' ?

You'd better post some sample data and the report you want to look like.That would be more helpful.

Ksharp

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

One thing I think that you might mean by a "callout" is something called a flyover or popup box. Personally, I don't like the way that the flyover looks in ODS PDF (looks like a little "Post-It" sticky note on a cell) -- the code below illustrates the difference between flyover on a row versus flyover on a cell.

In the PDF standard, a "callout" is defined as (http://pdf.editme.com/pdfua-32000-callout ) "This tag is applied to text or content that is extracted from other text or content and given significant emphasis (usually via visual or typographic means)." So if the goal is to merely add "significant emphasis", then the code below illustrates that as well, if you compare the bold style added to the row for Alfred versus the bold, italic, red that is applied to the row for Barbara or the yellow background applied to the row for William.

cynthia

ods pdf file='c:\temp\flyover.pdf';

proc report data=sashelp.class nowd;

column name age sex height weight;

define name / order;

define age /display;

define sex / display;

define height / display;

define weight / display;

compute name;

if name = 'Janet' then do;

call define (_row_,'style','style={flyover="Valedictorian"}');

end;

else if name = 'Robert' then do;

call define (_col_,'style','style={flyover="Basketball Star"}');

end;

else if name = 'Alfred' then do;

call define (_row_,'style','style={font_weight=bold}');

end;

else if name = 'Barbara' then do;

call define (_row_,'style','style={font_weight=bold font_style=italic color=red}');

end;

else if name = 'William' then do;

call define (_row_,'style','style={background=yellow}');

end;

endcomp;

run;

ods pdf close;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation